Kingsholm’s original South Stand opened in 1932, and, with capacity for just 1,800 spectators, was no longer fit for purpose.
With the club’s stadium based in the heart of rugby country, there was a clear requirement for improved spectator facilities for fans of the Cherry and Whites.
Our design incorporated elevated hospitality boxes, located on a secondary balcony-level, high above the main spectator seating. This allowed a greater seating capacity in the main terraces; which consist of part-permanent and part-demountable seating, with additional VIP areas.
The new spectator stand at Kingsholm makes the most of every available space. The facility incorporates club administration facilities, several restaurants, bars, concessions, conference facilities, offices and changing rooms.